Do you have special requirements for your Accommodation?
We welcome everyone at Barkly Backpackers…
We appreciate some people have special needs requirements for their accommodation. As part of our Disability Assistance Program we have installed the following facilities & procedures to assist our guests.
- Handrails added to all stairs – including entrance stairs, a double handrail on the outside stairs & stairwells to the top dormitory rooms.
- Stair nosing put on all stairs, including entrance, outside stairs and stairwells to the top dormitory rooms.
- Tactile indicators have been added to the top & bottom of all required stairwells.
- Information held on local hospitals, local GPs and mental health & sexual health clinics.
- Ongoing assessment and updates to improve access and mobility issues around the hostel.
Whilst we can not provide accommodation in Barkly Backpackers for guests using wheelchairs, we do act as an agent for another local hostel that has suitable access.
Contact us below and we will be more than happy to help arrange suitable accommodation.